Thursday, July 7, 2011

Manzanita

This past fourth of July weekend we went down with some friends to St. George.  Friday we spend the day in a few small towns right outside the mouth of Zion National Park.  As we walked in the blistering 105 degree sunny heat all I could think about was how much I love and miss Vegas... and then I stumbled upon this beauty. 
 
The first house I ever lived in when we moved to Henderson was on Manzanita. 
Our weekend was filled with swimming, getting sun burned, tennis, napping, and straight up relaxing with oreos in hand.  It was really fun to get away from the tornado that has hit our house and left it in utter destruction the past couple of months.  I feel silly every time my dad calls to check on the progress of our house because when he was here helping things were flying and getting done.  Now our home is at a stand still.  Walls framed feeling naked without sheetrock.  Maybe one day (SOON?!?! we'll get to sheetrocking this puppy.  
On another note, I got "promoted" at work to be a HUC aka a Health Unit Coordinator.  Basically instead of running around the floor like a chicken with my head cut off, now I sit in a comfy chair feeling like my head is going to explode.  My first day as HUC I had 7 admits and 6 discharges.  TO break that down, an admit's paperwork and orders will typically take me 35 minutes.  A discharge will usually take 20.  I work 12 hour shifts and in addition to admits and discharges I have multiple doctors writing order for patients, patients calling asking for help/meds/lame stuff, and our main phone ringing with lab results, staffing, doctors, and other misc things.  Needless to say I left work feeling mentally drained.  But today I went to work and it was the first time in two weeks that I was on the floor working and on a day where I have 7 patients I would typically classify it as a "BUSY" day, but I read 4 chapters of Biology text, redid our call sheet, and sat for a good portion of the day.  I guess training for HUC has got me in mega efficiency mode!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.