Sunday, July 24, 2011

Making progress

Over the last two weeks we have really made a great deal of progress with our basement.  Lots of things have been finished or are near completion and I finally feel like "we're doing it!"  On Monday we had a sheetrocking party were our boy friends came over and helped lay sheet rock and the girls watched the bachelorette (with Liam).  It was really fun to hang out on a weekday night and we were so grateful to have the extra set of hands.  While things might look cloudy (pun intended) we're nearing completion.
stairs!

ceiling before muding and tapping happened

junk everywhere, but look at how nice the finished wall w/ a door looks compared to the unfinished wall.

"Little Helper" - This little helper lance's dad made was a lifesaver to them as they put up the ceiling.

On another note.  I have been contemplating getting a new job.  I know it sounds crazy since I have loved working for and at Riverton Hospital, but I feel like I've hit a glass ceiling and there's no where else for me to progress.  So starting in just a short while I will be an admissions representative for Eagle Gate College.  Lance is a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and he's really rubbed off on me.  Exactly one year ago we were getting ready to get married and I had just applied and had been excepted to the nursing program at Eagle Gate.  After returning from our honeymoon I made the extremely difficult decision to decline my acceptance and to finish my bachelors at BYU.  To this day I still think, wow if I would have stayed in the program I would be a year away from my RN.  However, for some strange reason I declined and for another strange reason I find myself now working for them and getting paid a great deal more than I ever would working for Riverton Hospital.  It will definitely be a bitter sweet goodbye but I think it'll work out best for us with my work now being in Murray instead of Riverton.  

353 days together-  YAHOO! Lance and I have been married for 353 days.  Yup that's right! Our anniversary is on Friday.  This past year has really gone by so quickly.
Our top 10 moments of our first year together:

1.  Honeymoon in Cancun.  What could be any more beautiful.
2.  Being able to attend the sealing of Jung and Megan Oh.
3.  Graduating from College (Christine in April Lance in August).
4.  Renovating our basement (wish it would have been complete already but we're close!)
5.  Running the Ragnar with all of our family
6.  Lance's 5th year coaching basketball
7.  Kelsey and Nicoles Graduation from high school
8.  Buying a new car!!  Mazda 3!
9.  Starting my own business- Candy Stems
10. Being so happy in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.