Monday, July 11, 2011

Collard Cabin

I have been really bad over our past vacations about taking pictures. I don't know what it is but I've declined in motivation (I think because I know pictures are being taken by others).  Anyways, this past weekend we defied the FT and went down to the Collard Cabin.  I was a little hesitant all week about going due to stores of "the water hole" and "no electricity," but once we got there I was in Heaven.  It was so much fun to have a weekend with our best friends and to be able to enjoy nature and the beauty of being so isolated from the world.  The four of us couples slept in the same room with Brad talking until all hours of the night and Michelle trying to tame him so we could all sleep (entertaining nonetheless).  We played so many games from scrabble (which Lance was close to winning! Congrats!) to charades to some game BETTER than charades (idk what it's called).  I also got to experience my very first camp fire dinner in addition to 15+ mosquito bites all over my body that swelled up like balloons. 
After a wonderful weekend we were not looking forward to returning home to our crazy house.  However, we returned and we are looking forward to sheet-rocking this week.  Hopefully it'll be done by this weekend so we can paint and then get carpet in by the beginning of next week.  We have both never been so lacking in motivation to come home.  It has been a long few months with our house in utter disarray, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.