Monday, October 4, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Over the last month Lance and I have been two chickens with our heads cut off and I only see it getting busier and busier!  We both started school for the fall semester, my classes being mainly from 5-10pm and his being online and consuming his morning from 5-7am.  Lance also began a new job as a Teacher's Assistant for the school district.  There is this program here for Youth in Custody, where it helps kids in high school catch up so they can eventually graduate.  The main teacher over the program at Kearns High School's name is Sally. A recent development would be APPLE'S plan to take over the world!  They gave Kearns High a grant to supply all its students with Ipod Touches and all the teachers with Ipads.  If only Lance could somehow classify as a teacher to get that Ipad, it would be heaven.   Having opposite schedules with your newlywed husband is less than ideal.  While he is teaching at Kearns all day, I'm at home studying and getting ready for school.  When he comes home, I'm in class and finally make it home in time to have a 20 minute conversation as we are both getting ready for bed.  To top it all off I am officially employed!  I began working at Sunrise Senior Living in Sandy as a Care Manager (CNA).  I absolutely love my job, those I work with, and the residents who live there.  I am within the Alzheimer's division, and the people are so sweet.  However, my schedule has me working crazy hours such as 8 hours Thursday and Friday night and a 13 hour shift on Saturdays!  There goes any aspect of having a social life!  With all the stresses and lacking time, there's always a bright side!  This past Saturday after my 13 hour shift, I received a text from Lance instructing me to not buy any dinner, but that he had a date night planned (oh how I have missed date night).  I came home and showered, and soon he also came home with a delicious pizza and a gigantic chocolate chip cookie we just had to put in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.  We cuddled up on the couch and enjoyed Wall Street from 1987 and both ended up falling asleep a half hour before its ending.  Oh its the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.