Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Motivation

So I've come to be extremely grateful for a husband who knows me so well.  Over the last week or so I've been lacking serious motivation to do anything especially school.  We were out walking Ellie one night and he suggested that I should start running again to train for a half-marathon so I would have some motivation and drive to accomplish something.  That very next day while I was searching through our junk mail I came across a letter addressed to me for Team in Training.  I opened it up to discover that it is a team you can join which helps you train for events such as a marathon while raising money for Cancer!


  I went online to research further and discovered that the team pays for your entry fees, travel and accommodations and all you have to do is train, race, and get people to sponsor you to raise money for cancer. 
 These are the three scheduled races for this upcoming Spring, and yes that does indeed say PARIS, FRANCE!

 Anyone interested in joining come to a meeting and meet the coach and fellow runners!

And this is where my motivation finally jumped back to normal.  When I saw the opportunity to go to France I immediately called Lance and told him we BOTH needed to strap on our running shoes.  After looking at the race's website I found out that nearly 40,000 people are in this one race.  People from all over the world and you get to experience France like no one ever has before.  Now I am all for training and running, but 26.2 miles seems a little out of reach for me.  I guess I will just have to keep Paris in the back of my mind each time I think I can't run another step.  
 
Here's the course for the 26.2 miles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.