Friday, October 18, 2013

NURSERY REVEAL

Overall I am very pleased and excited with how my nursery turned out.  I debated for months and months as to a color scheme and had set in my mind that I wanted Navy and White, but in what percentages and combination I was completely lost.  I looked at painting the walls navy, painting half the walls navy with a wainscoting on the bottom half, and even looked into painting the whole room white.  All in all I'm happy I made the decision to keep things light and airy in the little room I designated for the nursery and Kwal: Time Capsule did just the trick.  This paint covered so wonderfully I only had to do one coat and I even bought the low VOC so I didn't stink myself out of the room mid painting. 

We hung Ikea picture racks found here as our book shelf on a wall that would have otherwise been neglected.  At some point I plan on transitioning the short wall behind the door into a chalk board or magnetic wall, but I figured it'll be awhile before he can play with such things.
 

 The bedding:  my dear sweet friend Roz offered to make my crib bedding as my baby shower gift.  I wasn't planning on getting crib bedding because there wasn't anything that I liked/loved enough to pay the $$$ store prices for, but let me tell you it really does make the room so much more cohesive.
Roz is my same friend who basically built my wedding dress so if anyone is in need of a seamstress in Utah she is your girl.  

 The Finished Product:


Bedding: custom made by Roz McClary you can contact her here:  Sew Sweet
Mobile: handmade by me
Dresser: Ikea
Dresser Knobs: Pier 1 Imports on clearance
Crib: Target
Map Artwork: Hobby Lobby
Humidifier: Crane
Lamp: Ikea
Rocker: KSL steal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.