Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Vegas Trip


 This past weekend Lance and I journeyed down to Las Vegas for an unexpected trip.  My mom's sister, my aunt, had a stoke a week ago and was hospitalized in an ICU unit for 6 days before they disconnected her life support and she passed on.  It definitely wasn't the best reason for going on a weekend vacation, but it definitely made me realize just how important it is to cherish each and every moment and to spend those moments with the ones you love: family. 

It was honestly such a spiritual moment to enter the hospital room and see my mother, brother, father, husband, and cousins surrounding the bedside of my aunt.  I truly love my very diverse family and all that they bring to the table.  I am grateful for the knowledge I have of the gospel and to know that while my family doesn't consist of church members, I will one day be with them again.

We spent the majority of the weekend at my cousins house tending to her two adorable children.  My other cousin, her brother, also has two children and between the two of them their girls, Rexi and Kara, are 6 months apart (5 and 4 1/2 years) and their boys are 6 months apart (Henry & Kaden) and our little boy is due just 6 months after Kaden!  It's so much fun to watch my little cousins interact and I'm so excited to be having another boy to add to the chaos. 

My mom absolutely loved tending to Kaden and Kara and was pretty much the child whisper.




While our trip to Las Vegas was short and sweet we had so much fun just hanging out and enjoying the air conditioning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.