Sunday, April 7, 2013

What are the odds?

Written on February 27th, 2013

What better way to go on a cruise but period free... yes. I do in fact mean the feminine kind.  Lance and I are set to go on a cruise in the middle of March, and with how things were going without fertility treatments there was a 90% chance I was going to be on my period while on the cruise.  I thought back to my last fertility treatment and my Dr. said since my natural cycle is 33 days instead of the typical 28 it was totally fine for me to start my fertility medications on day 7 rather than on day 3.  By postponing my fertility meds my date of ovulation would also be postponed and therefore my next period would be delayed.  Who wouldn't want that?!? In my mind I thought I was a genius for strategically using my infertility to benefit me in some aspect, well it's benefiting me in more than just a delayed period. 







I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!



Because I took my meds late I was expected my period 3 days late.  Well that day arrive and my period was no where in sight.  Day 2 went by.  Day 3, 4, 5, 6 and finally day 7.  By day 7 I just felt like something was "up" so on my way home from the state tournament I picked up 3 pregnancy tests from the dollar store and then stopped at Smiths and got a digital test "just in case" the dollar store ones were in fact positive.  

I rushed home and just as I was placing the drops on the test Lance came barging into the bathroom and with his eyes fixated on the test he slowly watched the two lines appear and said "dang it its negative.. there are two lines"... I quickly jumped over to where he was and said "no Lance! two lines means it's positive!"   his response, "NO WAY!! THATS IMPOSSIBLE!!!" I quickly pulled out the digital stick and Lance stared at that while it developed an answer...... "pregnant."

It took awhile for both of us to fall asleep, since we were giddy with the great news!  I woke up the next morning, grabbed my phone, and remembered oh yeah... I'm pregnant!!!

Just to make sure the tests were true I went to get my blood drawn.  The scale goes as follows...
>5-50 0-1 week
50-500 1-2 week
100-10.000 2-3 week
1000-30000 3-4 week
3500-115,000 4-5 week
12000-270000 6-8 week
1500-220000 12 week

My number was 6660 placing me in the 5 week category I thought I was in!

What a complete miracle! To look back on the last almost 2 years and to have gone through all the struggles and hard-aches associated with negative test to finally see a positive was absolutely surreal.  We were dead set on having to do in vitro and were more than willing to commit financially to conceiving a baby, but the Lord works in mysterious ways and blessed us with this miracle without having to undergo even more fertility evaluations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.