Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Last 12 Weeks

Week 5- 
The week we found out. I got up 3-6 times each night to pee.  I had some shoulder/back pain and knew something was up ;)

Week 6-7
HELLO little bean.  I saw you for the first time because I was so anxious there was going to be TWO or more beans... but there you are. All alone.  Making a cozy little home in my belly. 



HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPO!! I ate like a crazy person.  I wanted a meal every 2-3 hours.  I was also a little nauseous each morning and took some zofran.  Between eating constantly and being constipated I gained about 7 pounds during these two weeks.  In addition, towards the end of week 6 I started to have some tailbone pain when I moved around.

Week 8-
We went on our cruise.   On our way to Miami I had SEVERE tailbone pain almost to the point where I was crying with each step I took.  I settled down on how much I ate, but still needed to eat frequently and FRUIT was heaven sent.  I ate fruit at every meal.  My tailbone pain continued throughout the week.  Overall I wasn't nauseous at all during our cruise which was quite surprising.


Week 9-  Tailbone pain continued making going to work torture.  I would come home from work and lay down with a hot pad on my back and of course have to get up to pee every 20 minutes. :)

Week 10-11 Our first doctor's appointment where we found out we were actually almost 11 weeks, not barely 10 weeks... :)  Our due date changed from October 28th (what I estimated) to October 24th (what Dr. later calculated).  Our little bean was measuring at 10 weeks 0 days, but he wanted to keep my due date at October 24th.

Week 11-12
Hello belly that is popping out a bit and goodbye 90% of my jeans/pants which no longer button comfortably and my cute Victoria Secret bras that are now too tight even though I haven't gained or lost any weight.

Total weight gain: 7 pounds (the same since week 7).  
Maternity clothes? changed my bras and into leggings and yoga pants for sure.
Stretch marks? none.  
Sleep: Some days are better than others and I truly feel it when I wake up.  If I haven't gotten enough sleep my back hurts, I feel a little nauseous, and I can hardly function.  Most days I feel just fine though. 
Best moment this week: letting everyone know we're expecting.
 

Food cravings: sweets, fruits, soups, and refined breads such as muffins and bagels. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: dog pee, trash, opening the fridge, most food that's being cooked, food courts, brushing my teeth. 
Gender: unknown!!

Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy.
Looking forward to: getting through nursing school and finding out if you are a boy or girl!!

Funny Story: Today I went to get dressed and thought of just putting on one of my pre-prego bras.  Just as I was "adjusting" the bra decided to rip in half.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.