Sunday, February 3, 2013

Goodbye Olympus 2nd

Today made things extremely real.  We woke up and got ready for church and drove up to our old ward for the very last time.  We drove past our duplex which had cars in the driveway notifying us of occupancy.  We were 10 minutes early for the first time.... ever. We were even able to get a cushion seat!  Our dear friends Jenny and Rich blessed their two little miracles today and I was emotional the entire sacrament meeting.  Jenny and Rich have been such a great example of faith, optimism, and love.  I remember the first Sunday in our ward nearly 3 years ago and I saw Jenny and thought, that girl is cute. I really want to be her friend.  Now 3 years later I consider her a dear friend and I'm so grateful for her support and advice as Lance and I journey through infertility.  Her two twins are the product of in vitro and are literally little healthy miracles.

Towards the end of the meeting I made my way up to the stand and sat next to her waiting for a few kids to finish the bearing of their testimonies.  From the moment she started to bear hers I was already in tears.  This of course made the bearing of mine challenging from the get-go. 

It's friendships and examples from people like Jenny and my dear friend Ashley that make me eternally grateful for moving into our little duplex in Holladay.  They have helped me cope and understand the process and have been great sounding boards because they have been through it and both have been blessed with children, Jenny via in vitro and Ashley through adoption. 

I am so grateful for the friendly hallway conversations we were able to have with Brother Combs who was our Temple Sealer as well as fellow ward member.  What a great reminder of our commitment to each other than to see the wonderful man who made our union official. 

Overall I am so so grateful for all of the friendships we've established that will continue beyond our 3 years living in the ward.  Thank you Olympus 2nd ward!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.