Thursday, May 3, 2012

Finally.

Finally Finals Are Over....for now.
I took my last final today for this semester and leaving school I was really worried as to whether or not I passed.  My med/surg class for whatever reason has been a little difficult for me this semester (partially due to a non-interest teacher and one who takes off points for fun... literally). 


One time this semester I submitted a 9 page paper and she only have me a 93% because the outline that SHE made had some parts missing (so therefore I had the same parts missing), but it was on the grading rubric so for HER mistake.. I got a 5% deduction on my paper.  Lovely.


Within our nursing program you have to have a 77% overall in the class to pass onto the next semester.  One student who was in the first cohort got a 76.5% on our Pharmacology class last YEAR and was dropped until he retook the class and passed!!!!
With such stringent guidelines I've been boardering a 82%. Luckily I pulled through and ended up with an 83% overall in the class. Yay for me!


Moving onto this summer semester it will not be a typical "let watch movies outside and get snowcones" kinda summer.  It will be more of a "I'm stuck at clinicals EVERYDAY" kinda summer.  It should be fun and rewarding to be in Psych/OB/Pediatrics this summer. Yay for babies, kids, and crazies!


At the end of the summer I will OFFICIALLY be a Nurse (Licensed Practical), then exactly 1 year from now I will be a Registered Nurse!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Christine! You are doing so awesome. I'm super impressed with you and getting through school. GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to leave a comment.