Friday, August 19, 2011

At Last.

I have always been a firm believer in that everything happens for a reason. Lately I haven't been feeling as if everything happens for a reason.  I have been feeling extremely lost and without a purpose in a lot of ways.  I've been constantly praying for guidance and haven't felt like I've gotten many answers... until now.

A few weeks ago I was hating working nights @ riverton hospital.  I decided to look for a new job and in doing so I was offered a job as an admissions representative at Eagle Gate College.  The pay was good and it seemed like I might possibly like it so I took the position and went to only working one weekend a month at the hospital (I was going to quit all together, but something made me stay).  I started working at Eagle Gate last Tuesday and everyday I was more irritated and unhappy with my position, but I kept trucking along hoping things would get better.  My first week all I did was watch other people talk on the phone... for 20 hours watching someone talk on the phone is less than entertaining.  This week things were getting a little better.  My first two interviews decided to enroll in school and I thought I was making some success until the following day I had 3 no shows.  My second day on the job a fellow coworker asked me how I came to find this position and I explained that I had previously applied to Eagle Gates nursing program, been accepted, and she suggested we look into reapplying.  She made a phone call to the nursing director and he said that there was a chance I could be in the program beginning in two weeks. I followed up with Dennis throughout the week and long story short YESTERDAY he told me that I would be accepted into the program.  I went to my boss trying to work out the two schedules since my work and class schedule happened during the same hours.  I had a feeling they weren't going to be flexible so I called Riverton and my boss there told me that I could have my full time job back if I let her know by Monday.  

TODAY: I went into work and my boss told me I'd have to choose between nursing or working there.  Nursing was my choice and today was my last day there.  I called Riverton back and they gave me my full time job. 

The best of both worlds.  Strangely enough- if I hadn't gotten upset about my schedule and applied for this new job I wouldn't have known they had an opening in their nursing program.  If I hadn't stayed prn at Riverton I wouldn't have a job any longer.  It is crazy how things have the most ROUND ABOUT way of working out... especially when you LEAST expect it.  
I start nursing school in 9 days... I've been waiting for this day to be in a PROGRAM for so long and that day is finally now.  

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Christine!!! Way to stickin with it! Congrats on making it into the program!

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to leave a comment.