Sunday, June 19, 2011

Garmin



I caved in and bought the unthinkable- GARMIN 305.
I know its gigantic and expensive, but if there is one thing I learned from my major at BYU it is how important knowing your heart rate is.  By knowing your heart rate you are able to gauge what systems in your body are doing (burning fat vs. carbs).  In addition, this ragnar relay a week from yesterday has got me thinking I need to know how far and fast I am running.  Thus - Garmin 305.
I have yet to play with it and use it when I run, but I'll keep everyone posted on how AWESOME it is.







UPDATE:
If anyone is thinking about becoming an avid runner I would HIGHLY recommend the garmin.  While it is large and in charge, it helped me so so much the week before ragnar and during as well.  Lance's Aunt Holly and I both own one so our van was able to alternate using the watch as we ran and it was super accurate.  During my 7 mile run I loved hearing it beep every mile and giving me my split time for that mile.  Its very motivating when you can see the pace you are running at and know "I should keep this" or "I need to push myself."  Overall, I don't think I would have been able to run 7 straight miles without its company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.