Thursday, November 29, 2012

23.

I am officially the WORST gift receiver I know. A few days before we left for California I was bored at work and was wondering what Lance got me for my birthday (since he had implied that my presents were off my wish list.. which I thought was fill with things that were all too expensive).  During my boredom session I decided to pull up Lance's bank account and see just where my gift was from and I stumbled upon a purchase at bath and body works (which wasn't on my list, but I had mentioned I wanted some body scrub).  I just went on to assume all he got me was that and I was content with its simplicity (since he had purchased a purse for me back in August claiming it would be for my birthday).  The night before we left for California Lance asked if I wanted to bring my presents to California, open them now, or open them when we got home.  Since I secretly knew what the present was I said we could open when we got home.  Lance decided to give me one gift that night which was a lotion from Bath and Body Works.  

We ventured to California and spent the weekend indulging in the 40 mangoes my mom bought for us (yes... 40. Literally).  Every few hours Lance would grab a mango or two and devour its deliciousness. Our black Friday consisted of going to Wal-mart and Target and buying a few DVD's that were on sale..
 We went out one night to shop with my mom, but didn't find much- new makeup, shampoo and hair products, and new socks!! (I LOVE NEW SOCKS).  We ventured up to Santa Monica for an afternoon with my step sister, her boyfriend, and my brother.  It was nice having my brother around for the weekend even though we didn't do much, just ate and talked.  We also spent a good portion of our mornings helping my mom make lollipops for her company. 
my mom... working away.
On the morning of my birthday I decided to treat myself to a mani/pedi.  I am officially in LOVE with shellac and will be purchasing a UV light sometime in the near future.  I'm sure it isn't the healthiest thing for your nails, but it is so amazing to have your manicure look great for longer than 3 days. 

 When we arrived back home on Monday night Lance asked if I wanted to open the rest of my presents.  He presented me with a bath and body works git bag filled with more lotions and after smelling them all and thanking him for his thoughtful gift picking he tossed me another bag...
 I have been coveting this watch for the last couple of months and Lance went above and beyond and got it for me!  I am in LOVE with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.