Monday, June 4, 2012

A Sunny Day

Since getting married and moving to Holladay, it has been difficult to keep in contact with all of my friends who live far away (Provo or Las Vegas).  I think its especially hard to keep in contact when you've entered an entirely different chapter of your life.  I found that even when I was dating it was hard to talk to my friends about their boy troubles and the entire dating scene since it was no longer applicable to me.  However, since getting married and establishing my life it's been a little bit easier to reach out and talk to those I was once inseparable with.
Since today was a "Dad's House Sunday" and I was scheduled to work a graveyard shift, driving up to Bountiful at 3pm and then to work at 6pm seemed like a lot of extra exerted energy.  Luckily my dearest friend Kylie just moved to Sugar House and decided a fun Sunday dinner at my house was just the cure. 
It was so much fun to spend a day with Ky and Blake- it felt like we were still in high school, as if nothing had changed.  We ate dinner and a monster of a desert (slut brownies) and enjoyed some "educational" television.  I wish I had pictures to document our lovely sunny Sunday at the Teenie Tiny Duplex, but memories will do ;)

---an update---
Last weekend I was having slight panic attacks because I was "scheduled" (according to Pink Pad) to ovulate over the holiday weekend. I didn't know if my doctor was going to be in town and if not I would have been outta luck, but LUCKILY the smiley face didn't come until Monday morning.  This meant Tuesday was our "golden day" to go into the doctor's office.    Round two of IUI was rather humorous.  Since the first time I was prepared at home with a specimen cup and lab bag it was easy for Lance to have a little more privacy than this last time.  (Hopefully he won't kill me for sharing).  We walked into the office and the receptionist immediately asked us for the sample. Since we didn't have it they handed Lance a lab bag and cup and said to bring it back.  Lance looked at me completely confused and said... "uhhh.... where am I supposed to go?!"  We walked out of the office and down the hall and found the men's room.  (Funniest part is its a multi stall.. not an individual..) Lance entered while I waited in a chair outside another office.  When Lance walked out of the bathroom I asked if anyone had come in while he was there and he said that a guy had walked in while he was washing his hands and Lance quickly grabbed the lab bag off the counter and hid it so the guy wouldn't think he was CRAZY. (Luckily that guy turned out to be my doctor.. so it wouldn't have been that weird).   We argued back and forth for 15 minutes about whether it was "awkward" for Lance to enter back into the office after obtaining his "sample."  The conversation ended with Lance needing to go to work and I stayed at the office for the next 40 minutes solo.  Round two went pretty much exactly the same as round one... One interesting fact, however, is today (June 3rd) while Lance was driving home from Sunday dinner at dads his dad called him wondering about how our "trying process" had been going.  We haven't talked much to our families about the intrauterine insemination or what they really entail, but Lance went on to tell him that this past Tuesday we had gone into the doctor's office. Elliott responded with saying what a coincidence it was that we went into the office on Tuesday, because on that same day he randomly thought of us and the situation we are in and had an overwhelming GOOD feeling.

Crazy huh! The same day we went in he had that impression... without even knowing what we were doing! Oh let's hope that's good luck!

2 comments:

  1. so...just stalking your blog. no big. but wanted to say a) that i'll keep you in my prayers -- i just caught up on your story and my heart goes out to you!! b) your dogs are too cute c) we're always looking for new friends around this point of the mountain and d) how do you like the Holladay area?!

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to leave a comment.