Friday, June 15, 2012

Get some Rubber.. HONESTLY!

Yes. I mean exactly what YOU THINK I mean.  Some people should refrain from producing an offspring PERIOD. 
Part of my clinical rotations this semester involves me working at a "psych" preschool (yes... 2-5 year olds).  While on the playground these kids look just like any other kids.  I didn't quite grasp why exactly they were here, and what exactly was wrong with them that made them any different from other kids at other preschools... until I read there charts.
From sexual abuse of a 3 month old to physical abuse and a full body cast of a 2 year old parents locking their kids in rooms and leaving, abandoning them... why on earth and who the H*LL on earth would harm a CHILD, a freaking BABY!  I seriously cannot grasp how in the world these people were able to get pregnant, deliver a child, and then treat the child like a rat that they want to kick out of their house.  I'm not trying to get any sympathy in relation to why I can't have kids and why these other people can.  I just don't understand God's plan.  Why did he put these children in the situation to be abused and beaten and destroyed mentally, emotionally, and physically.  Some of these kids come to the preschool without any food to eat for lunch and the school has to provide nurishment for them.  Some of these kids haven't slept all night due to nightmares and heaven knows what else keeps them awake.. things I don't ever want to know of.  So they come to preschool completely exhausted and instead fall asleep there because they know they are finally safe. 
As a fellow classmate and I have discussed, working in a place like this isn't for us.  We would both get arrested for assaulting the parents who have hurt their children...
PUNCH PUNCH KICK KICK. BOOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.