Thursday, April 5, 2012

To Grandmother's House We Go...

 I am really, truly blessed to have married into a wonderful family full of such great testimonies of the gospel.  Since having worked the last 2 General Conferences, it was such a relief to have this past conference off from work to be able to travel to GRACE, ID.  Lance's Dad's parents have a farm up on Grace where all the children and grandchildren gather together for a weekend of celebrating family.  The first time I ever went we were engaged and I was a little surprised at how packed full the house was.  As the "cousins" have gotten older I have loved to see more and more sit down for each session of conference without being asked by their parents. The words that were spoken during conference was absolutely everything I NEEDED to hear.  I love it when that happens ;)

Also I hosted along side Hilda Gummersall a bridal shower for Nicole, my sister in law.  We had cupcakes galore and candy in her wedding colors... not to mention a plate full of strawberries that the little ones were devouring.  
 For the shower we strayed away from the traditional shower games (since we were all cousins or aunts of the bride) and did crafts to beautify the bride-to-be's new home.  We mod podged coasters with cute quotes.  Placed their engagement pictures on canvas to hang on their walls and even learned from Grandma Gummersall how to do a "no tie, tie quilt"  We finished an entire quilt in an hour and a half!!
 

Excited to use my new camera... I took some picures of Nicole and Landon on the farm.  It was really difficult to find places to take pictures because of how WINDY it was, but I think they came out great!!

 Of course there were other "gummersalls" there that wanted in on the action.  Including Kelby and Sammy.


.... and Holly and McKenzie!!
 
 Here they are again... posing.. again..

 We journied down to Hooper Creek.. where the water is carbonated and got a few more shots before we drove home on Sunday.

Landon must have missed the sign that indicated that the water was for drinking only.. not swimming.. or for the throwing in of soon-to-be-wives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.