Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gummy is getting OLD

Yesterday was Lance's 26th birthday.  "After you hit 25... you just feel it," said Lance to me a couple of months ago.  I have no empathy for this "getting old" seeing as how I just barely entered my legal years of being 21.  Needless to say, Lance was not very excited to celebrate his birthday this year.  He woke up at 4:45 am to go train a Jordan basketball player before school started, went to work at Kearns High, went to do some pest control jobs, played basketball with his boyfriend Mark Green, went to their basketball banquet, and finally came home at 9pm.  
During the middle of the day Jared, Lance's brother, stopped by our house thinking Lance would have taken the day off and enjoyed his birthday.  Instead I was the one home enjoying my day off watching HGTV and DIY.  With all the craziness aside Lance has many things to be grateful for on this anniversary of his birth. 

Our basement is really starting to roll!  - The underground plumbing and rerouting of pipes will be finished by Thursday.  The duct guy is here working away rerouting our ducts.  Our building permit should be here any day now and framing should begin in the next week (hopefully). 

His bush is still alive! -  Last night I was startled to hear Lance's "what the FREAK" coming from the front yard.  I walked outside to see what the issue was and one of his little bushes he just planted in our front planter had been dragged across the walkway and into the grass.  ELLIE, the monster, had dug the bush out and moved it out of its little soil home.  After planting and watering the little guy, he is still alive and surviving his almost deadly attack. 

Who says your too old for presents!  - I'm am much more of a "can't wait for surprises" than Lance is.  My patience is very thin, and by buying Lance's presents 2 weeks ago, I have been no anxious to give them to him!  A few days ago he spotted one of them in the basement and asked me what it was and my inability to lie gave away that it was in fact a give for him. 
Shopping for Lance, or boys in general, is difficult.  I can't buy him clothes without him there or they will never see the light of day, cologne is out of the question with his 15 bottles lining our bathroom wall.  Watches-forget it.  He has a case of about 8. Video games?  What wife really wants to endorse that in addition to him never having time to play them.  So I seem to always settle on the practical gifts knowing he will like them and they will get some use.  
A new Pillow- Lance has been complaining about his pillow for months and with my numerous trips to IKEA I found the perfect pillow to fit his needs.  It has the memory foam, but it is surrounded by down so its soft, yet firm, and your head melts right into it.  So far he has "slept like a baby."  

 Whiteboard- 
During every basketball game I see Lance pull out his whiteboard to draw up the next new play.  I thought "how cool would it be if he had an awesome white board at home that he could draw things up on." Thank heavens for quilted bear!  I found this AWESOME Utes whiteboard there.  He loves it and has already started compiling plays for next season!

Quotes-  If there is one thing I know about my husband it is that he LOVES quotes.  Before we got married he had a bulletin board of quotes on his wall along with MANY basketball posters with great motivational quotes on them.  He has been suggesting for quote awhile that we should get a quote board.  I was at quilted bear and saw this quote and thought it would be awesome for his desk or office or whatever since its very applicable to life as well as to basketball.
Ability is what you're capable of doing.  Motivation determines what you do.  Attitude determines how well you do it.
Of course it wouldn't be right if I didn't make Lance his FAVORITE treat.  So there is a pan full of Reese's brownie bites sitting on my counter as we speak!!!

1 comment:

  1. just wanted to point out that quote is from the great Lou Holtz...coach of the University of South Carolina gamecocks. Just saying :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to leave a comment.