Thursday, August 18, 2016

Disneyland First Timers

With Lance off to a real estate conference for a week in Vegas I thought, hmm.. a week at home by myself or a week in California with my mom?  No brainer.  Off to California we went.  I thought it would I was prepared to handle my kids on vacay but Jillian decided to be independent and be a crib crawler-outer. Oy vey!  We spent Monday afternoon through Thursday evening in Garden Grove with my mom.  It was refreshing to be in California and had a lot of fun taking the kids to Disneyland and the beach for their first time.  It was most definitely hot and I don't think  I will commit to going to any theme park in the middle of July again, but the kids didn't seem to mind.   Bennett was captivated by the fireworks, parade, characters, and rides.  He loved the little kid coaster in toon-town.  Jillian, however, was deathly afraid of almost every ride except Dumbo, Carousel and the Rocketship ride.  Those she wanted to go on again and again.   We also took them to Huntington Beach where Bennett got trampled by the first wave and refused to go in the water, and had panic attacks over his hands being "dirty" with sand.  Toddlers will be toddlers right??


 

And surprise surprise! I'm an auntie!!  My brother and his girlfriend Marci had a baby boy, Zar on July 19th.  It was perfect timing that I just so happened to be in California so we ventured down on the eve of his birth to meet him.  A few days past his due date and a spitting image of my brother.  I'm  excited to see how similar Bennett and Zar will look because I think Bennett is the spitting image of my brother.   To say my mom is in love is an understatement.  Zar took a liking to Grandma as well... their first interaction she went through 4 diapers changing him because every time he was on a clean one he would poop again!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.