Friday, June 10, 2016

18 Months and 2 1/2 Update

I haven't done an update on these two in quite some time.  Their sass and level of energy (and hatred for me being on the computer) has definitely impacted my blogging abilities.  We have had a lot of adjustments/changes/emotions/new jobs/less jobs in the last few months.  In April Tony, Corner Canyon's head basketball coach, decided to resign for health reasons.  We were in shock.  We quickly picked up the pieces of spring fling games, open gyms, and AAU to not let the boys down.  We attempted to make the transition for them as smoothly as possible.  Lance worked his tail off to do everything in his power to continue the program as Tony had left it in hopes of being named the new head coach.  Through a series of events, some good and some bad Lance's last game with the Chargers was at the Spring Fling Championship game (which they won. Woot Woot!).  

Suddenly without a basketball job at all we turned to some friends in hopes they would have positions open on their staff.  This simple outreach to them was perhaps one of the biggest blessings amidst this trial.  One of our friends happened to look on a district job site and saw a posting for Cottonwood HS head basketball coach.  Lance applied, interviewed, and a few days later was offered the position.  We were literally. in. shock.   Finally his dreams had come true!!  (he called me 7 times and sent 6 texts, and then had my neighbor come knock on my door to tell me to call him back, excited!).  

We are now in the process of building up the Cottonwood program in hopes to turn it back to its glory days and to become a focal point in the community.  I dropped down to working as a nurse 1 day a week which is truthfully the dreamiest.  One day for me to still use my skills and get out of the house, and 6 days to play with my kids.  Lance started real estate with century 21 in March and has since found success with multiple listings and buyers in search of a place to call home.  Road Runner is still rolling and we thank Austin for taking on the additional responsibilities so Lance can focus on other things.  


Now for these two...

@ 18 months
Jillian is a little spit fire of sass.  She has a determined personality which gives me a run for my money most days (she's way too much like me).  She loves doing things by herself, even though she isn't quite coordinated enough (eating with utensils, drinking out of regular cups, climbing stairs).  She recently has become my hand holding buddy.  Anywhere we go she wants to hold my finger which is quite endearing since Bennett has never enjoyed holding hands.  She has a passion  her bottle that we have yet to break.  We've literally tried every kind of sippy/water bottle but the girl refuses to drink milk out of anything but her ba-ba (and it has to be warmed or she throws it at me).  She loves to snuggle up with her blankets and her pillow and enjoy a nice warm bottle, but I don't mind.  It keeps her my baby and lessens my desire to have another baby. ;-D  As I mentioned she LOVES her blankets. Yes, multiple.  She has two blankets she literally carries with her all over the house.  Whenever she's upset she wants to snuggle on your lap and hold her blankets.  She continues to take two naps a day, waking up from sleep around 8am and taking a nap from 10-12 and 1:45-4pm and going to bed at 9pm.  This schedule has saved my sanity because I'm able to get some stuff done with both kids asleep in the afternoon. 
She is still a girl full of babble, and not many real words.  She says, Bottle, Blanket, Ball, Bennett, Bye-Bye (are you sensing a theme yet), Mommy, Yeah, occasionally Dad (but most of the time calls Dad, Mommy), Hold me, ut-oh, No.



 Oh my Bennett boy.  2 and a 1/2 is a lot of fun with you.  Bennett says funny things every day and of course follows my example by asking, " I funny? Bennett funny!" (Lance makes fun of me all the time for asking if I'm funny).  He is Mr. Independent, so much in so that he caught my microwave on fire (literal flames inside) by attempting to cook a scone himself.  He always wants to "buckle myself, do myself, Bennett do."  For the most part he's pretty good at everything he attempts to do himself.  He is the best kitchen helper I know, and lately I've even got him doing chores such as putting the dishwasher soap in the slot, shoveling dog poop (by his choice), putting silverware away, sweeping, and of course is pretty handy with a spray bottle (cleaner).   Bennett still LOVES moving the lawn.  It's kind of a weird obsession of his.  He brings out his mower or any toy he can push and does laps around the lawn while wearing Lance's hat backwards.  He uses my mop (which looks like a weed whip) to edge the lawn and even pretends he has a blower, and pulls an imaginary string to start them all.  He would make an excellent addition to Grandpa Elliott's lawn crew.   Bennett loves shooting hoops and playing baseball.  He's gotten pretty good at hitting the ball while being pitched and or off of a tee.  On a weekly basis he asks me to go to the farm.  He loves seeing the farm animals and mimicking their noises.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.