Saturday, August 29, 2015

Squeaky Clean

I love projects.  I'm sure ya'll have come to know that I always have at least 4+ projects occurring at the same time with 20+ in my mind and on my list when the money presents itself.  Jumping from project to project keeps me busy (as if my kids aren't busy enough), but I enjoy the sense of accomplishment and the beauty in finishing these projects.

We finished our basement months ago, however there still was about 10% of the trim that needs to be completed before we can officially say its "finished."  We however lost our mojo motivation as well as Will's finishing nail gun and our air compressor.  Once we got our tools back I was motivated, but yet dreading the idea of having to repaint all the baseboards that have a layer of dust and gunk on them from sitting in our garage for the last 8 months.

A few weeks ago we submitted for our home to be appraised to drop our mortgage insurance and sure enough last week the appraiser called and wanted to schedule our time for the following day!!! I was in a panic. I knew we needed to get the appraisal done asap, but there was NO WAY I was going to have the time to finish all that needed to get done.  We instead scheduled it to give ourselves 4 days to get it done (and by 4 days I really mean 1.5 days because I worked two of the days and the guy was coming at 1pm).  Wednesday was a busy day.  Lance was out working for pretty much the entire day so I juggled both kids and their needs with cutting and installing trim.  By the end of the night I was able to get all the trim, caulk, and paint done (with the exception of the stair trim and three door trims because we were out of materials).  Exhausted and aching I went to bed and arose at 6:30 am Thursday morning to get the cleaning party started.  I wanted my house to look perfect with everything in its rightful place because I knew he'd be taking pictures of every room.

I literally cleaning, scraped, and scrubbed until 12:59pm. Dropped to the ground with exhaustion the second the appraiser left and laid down for a 10 minute nap before Jillian was awake.

How refreshing it is to see my entire home clean... all 3000 sq ft of it. I couldn't be prouder.... and yet the improvement projects will continue!! haha!

Now heres to hoping the appraisal comes back high enough! [fingers crossed]



 





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.