Thursday, December 18, 2014

2 weeks & Newborns

It's been a little over two weeks since Jillian entered our lives and while I am still  trying to get the hang of this parent of two, newborn awake all night thing I honestly can say it's difficult for me to remember her not being here in my life. 

Every year it's a family tradition to go see The Forgotten Carols and every year it puts the Christmas season in perspective   This year was no different. Numerous times throughout the show I became overwhelmed with gratitude that my Heavenly Father blessed me with a wonderful husband, a job that I love, my adventurous and sweet son, and now this beautiful little girl. The show made me appreciate what a gift from heaven she truly is and resent the all night feelings and endless exhaustion that a newborn brings a little less. So here I sit at 3 am wide awake, but with my heart full of love that I get to be wide awake with my daughter. Here's to you. The best  Christmas present I've ever had. Winston, you're a close 2nd. 

At Jillians 2 week appointment she is almost back to her birth weight. 6 pounds 3 ounces putting her in like the 3%. Newborn clothes still drown her skinny limbs, but she's such a good eater I'm sure she will start to chunk up here shortly. By some miracle she has been a good nurser and by an even bigger miracle I've survived nursing over two weeks.  Many have asked how nursing is going since it was awful with Bennett and I only lasted like 10 days, many of those days supplementing with bottles and I have said that I dislike nursing. Well let me elaborate.  For me at least I miss the sure knowing how much she's actually eating eat feed and the alternating of who is feeding the babe at 3 am with Lance. I also miss the convenience bottles give when you are trying to go out in public or drive in the car. The last few days I've given Jillian a bottle in the evening as we head home from somewhere/as her last feed before we venture to bed and it's helped her sleep a little longer and given me back some of those freedoms all while keeping her a breatfed baby. The positives of breastfeeding for me this far have been not making a bottle, washing them, and buying formula as well as the convenience that not needing to pack these items in her diaper bag bring. It is so nice to know when she's hungry, I've got the "goods" and as for missing Lance help me feed her, I'm just grateful he's been home everyday to help with Bennett and keep him on schedule/make sure I get a nap in at some point.  
I am surely blessed to have him and his schedules flexibility that allows him to be home everyday giving me time to adjust to being a mom of two under 13 months. Bless those who are able to do it on their own without the additional help. The 4-6 hours each evening that I do have them out numbering me is entirely exhausting. Thank heavens it isn't all day every day... At least not yet. ;) 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.