Saturday, November 1, 2014

Counting down: 6 weeks

6 weeks. 
It is officially November and I can officially say that I will be a mother of two next month.
::I just blew my mind::
I can definitely say the last couple of weeks I have shed more tears than in the past few months.  
My baby is growing up and learning new things every day such as:
   how to decipher between small and large balls and place them through his ball pit holes
   waving bye
   taking any toy car and "vroom vroom-ing" around the house with it
   Mom leaving for work in the morning means a total melt down of tears for 20 minutes.

I have had numerous moments where I have stopped and thought, the end is nearing where I can just sit here and enjoy this little boy with 100% of my attention.  I wish time would just pause.  but at the same time I am anxious to be done feeling like an elephant, peeing constantly, and always feeling hot. 

Over the last few weeks I have cherished the routines Bennett and I have in place.  Each and every night since he was born he has had the same routine of bath, bottle, bed.  At 11 months old Bennett decided the bottle was for babies and I have now replaced our routine.  Dinner, Play, Bath, Lion King and a bedtime snack followed by reading in the children's Book of Mormon stories, teeth brushing, and a short prayer before placing Bennett in his crib.  From the bath to bed it is sacred mommy and Bennett time.  Time where I am able to enjoy his laugh, his smile, and time to unwind from a busy day.  

I am so so so grateful that he is my little angel boy.  That I have been so privileged to call him my son.  To have the opportunity to see him grow and change and mature.  I know we have many more years to look forward to and new traditions and routines to create.  I am grateful and yet slightly petrified that in just 6 weeks time our worlds will be turned and this sweet girl will be here.  

Here's to making the best of the next 6 weeks of being pregnant.  Here's to enjoying my last month with just Bennett boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.