Thursday, February 6, 2014

Baby Boy Organization

Maybe it's because I am a new mom or maybe it's because I'm a type-A organization freak, but baby clothes just about throws me over the edge.
What I mean by that is I have spent countless trips and time going back and forth to baby clothing stores returning/exchanging and purchasing clothes that I think Bennett will fit into... only to go home and realize I  #1 already have something similar in that size, or #2 it's going to be the wrong season.

Needless to say I am about OVER the frustrations of having 10 of Bennett's 6 month shirts stripes and 4 pairs of jeans and khakis that he isn't quite comfortable in... and will be too small by the time he should be able to wear them.

This morning I devised a plan to help ease the frustrations and hopefully eliminate my back and forth trips to carters and old navy!   CLOTHING DIVIDERS.

These dividers are more practical than the traditional ones that simply state the size of clothing by month because lets face it, every store has different sizes and the true test is grouping them by height and weight and not by month.
So here they are.  My sanity.
I listed the sizes to the 3-4 stores that I shop at on each corresponding month as well as the categories of clothing.
I then went through Bennett's closet and made a tally under each category and now its SO much easier to see that I have zero pants 18-24 months or only short sleeves for 6-12 months.
In addition, at the top I put a date and age line so I can get a generalized idea for how long Bennett was in each size in hopes my other children will follow suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.