Sunday, December 8, 2013

A week of visitors and visits

Growing up I was always excited when the end of November was nearing because it always meant I was getting one year older and wiser and typically meant my wish list of things I had been craving for the last 11 months was about to be fulfilled. (Sorry I'm a bit materialistic, but at least I'm honest about it). Going into this year was a little different. I am in awe that I am now 24. My friends will laugh because them along side my husband are nearing 30 and I'm baby of the pack, but honestly I do not feel 24!

My birthday came and went last, last Monday (sorry I waited awhile to post this)  and was rather dull for Lance had school and work all day long and my day was spent doing what I do everyday, sitting at home watching recorded tv while I browse Pinterest and feed Bennett. That night however lance came home and gave me an hour to run some errands baby free so I could do it in record time. 
The journey driving in my car alone made me reminiscence on the years and how this year has changed my world forever.  It is now impossible to pack up on a whim and run to the store, make dinner on the fly, or even shower and be ready in an instant. Having Bennett in our lives has made each of these tasks about an hour longer, but how awesome it is that this year I became a mom.  I was given the greatest birthday gift I could have ever received. A gift I had been longing and praying for so long would enter my life.  Bennett has taught me more life lessons in his 6 weeks of life than I could have imagined I would learn in a lifetime.

We celebrated Thanksgiving on Wednesday with a day full of family, food, and fun at our house.  Thursday was a lazy day spent recovering from the excitement of the previous day, and Friday was spent traveling to Grace, Idaho to introduce Bennett to the Gummersall Farm for the first time.
Saturday was dinner with some good friends and Sunday was yet another day to recover.

I am a little bummed I didn't take pictures of our two Thanksgiving celebrations.  I had every intention, but ended with only one picture of my little pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.