Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo welcomes Ellie to the Gummersalls!

Ellie on Cinco de Mayo- the day we got her!

So this past weekend my friend/maid of honor Amie came up from Las Vegas for the weekend. On Saturday we went with Lance's brother to Petsmart to look for a playmate dog for his pug Zoey. While we were there I decided that I really wanted a dog! The past couple weeks I have felt taunted with puppies for sale and friends getting new puppies, that I thought we needed to get one. I fell in love with this 8 year old Lab Bauer, but I didn't want to buy him without Lance seeing the dog first. (too big of a decision for just me!!) I left that dog show pretty sad that I still didn't have a dog that I began searching on ksl.com for a dog. Ever since I realized that puggles existed back in middle school I have ALWAYS wanted one. So puggle is what I searched for. On Monday I found an ad for Ellie and I forwarded it to Lance and today we drove pretty much to the border of Idaho to see her and we GOT HER!!!
She is a beagle pug mix, but looks just like a miniature beagle with a slight pug face. Her ears are floppy and she just has the most outgoing fun personality I've ever seen in a puppy. Her eyes and face look so sweet like a little Disney cartoon character. She's 7 months old which puts her birthday sometime in October.
When Lance and I got to where we left his car in this deserted parking lot we decided to let her out to play for a bit before he had to go to work and wow was that a poor decision. Ellie took off all around the parking lot playing "you can't catch me." Lance and I spent like thirty minutes finally getting her and she still wasn't tired!

I brought her to Lance's house where he currently has 4 dogs (2 family and 2 of his brother's) and Ellie went outside and was running circles around the other dogs for over an hour! I even took her on a little twenty minute walk and she was super energetic. Finally she took a nap fell asleep for over TWO hours! It's been a GREAT Cinco de Mayo!
Ellie at 2 Months

Ellie at 6 Months

Ellie at 7 Months

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a comment.